The better way to save lives, time, and costs
Specific’s AST/ID system delivers phenotypic antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) and identification in an average of 4 hours, directly from positive blood culture. SpeciFAST provides minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) results with accuracies exceeding those of some reference methods, wide antimicrobial coverage, and identification of species responsible for >90% of bloodstream infections. With sample preparation just a simple dilution of a positive blood culture fluid, the Reveal system uniquely speeds time to answer while offering a cost enabling widespread adoption.
Specific’s novel, patented small molecule sensor (SMS) arrays™ measure the small, volatile, metabolic components produced by microorganisms to detect growth, assess antibiotic efficacy, and determine microorganism ID.
- Phenotypic MIC in an average of 4 hours
- Directly from positive blood culture samples
- Clinically validated (ECCMID 2018 report pending)
- Simple sample prep, just a dilution of
positive blood culture
- Modular expandable instrument
- ID obtained during AST, within the same instrument
- High accuracy in an average of 4 hours
- ID for species covering
>90% of blood stream infections